I have a passion for the personal and professional advancement of mental health providers. We all have blind spots in life and clinical practice is no different. Clinical consultation is an effective method to enhance your practice. Seeking consultation does not mean you are incompetent. It is a standard of excellent practice. I offer several different types of consultation.
· Client-Centered: Emphasis is on the client related to areas such as diagnosis, presenting concerns, therapy-interfering behavior, etc.
· Consultee-Centered: Emphasis is on the therapist to address areas such as professional development and counter-transference.
· Supervision: Emphasis is on the role of the supervisor (i.e. licensed mental health practitioner) to provide quality supervision to trainees.
I will collaborate with you to determine which consultation service best fits your needs.
How Clinical Consultation May Help:
- Process feeling "stuck" or "ghosted" in therapy
- Further develop case conceptualization skills
- Gain a fresh perspective from a professional in another discipline
- Increase awareness and manage your reactions in sessions
- Help balance home/work life
- Maintain or re-establish objectivity
- Identify patterns in your therapeutic style
- Develop strategies to give formal and informal supervisee feedback.
- Help work through ruptures in the supervisor/supervisee relationship
Who Can Benefit from Consultation?
- Early or experienced licensed mental health professionals (Psychologists, Professional Counselors, Clinical Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapist, Psychiatrists)